Home>System Utilities >
WinTasks 5 Professional
Stomp attacks on your privacy & security
The award-winning WinTasks is one of the most popular tools in the war against malicious software — and the perfect complement to your firewall and anti-virus software. Whether you are new to Windows, a business professional, or a systems administrator, you can rely on WinTasks to quickly improve your computer's security and speed. Stop the threats before they get you — get WinTasks for complete, yet easy-to-use security.
[Support Windows XP/2000/Me/98]
- Process Library allows you to:
- Read simple explanations for all processes.
- Access detailed information about processes, such as author and official process name.
- Use process categories including security risks and system processes.
- Use personal notes for any process, which you can easily copy to new system.
- Experienced software specialists create regular updates.
- Real-time Process Information allows you to
- See user friendly process names, for example: "Google - Microsoft Internet Explorer" instead of "iexplore.exe".
- Get executable name with full path, for example: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE.
- Read exact process priorities, for example: Normal(9).
- See number of threads used by each process.
- Get real-time CPU and memory usage per process.
- Sort processes by creation time to find new processes with ease.
- Get executable file properties and version information.
- Edit the name of a process to assign your own names to common processes.
- Access CPU and memory usage graphs per process for up to 24 hours.
- Use printable and exportable process reports, including detailed information about all running processes
- Process Management Features allow you to
- Stop many processes with one click.
- Easily change process priorities.
- Launch new processes at any time.
- Create process presets to quickly restore all running processes and their priorities, while removing any processes not included in the preset.
- Startup Manager allows you to:
- Add new programs to the auto start sections in the registry.
- Remove auto started programs permanently by deleting their registry entries.
- Disable and enable auto started programs, temporarily allowing you to test different Startup settings.
- Identify auto started programs quickly with automatic process descriptions.
- DLL Information includes:
- Software lists all DLLs used by a process.
- DLL log shows when DLLs are loaded.
- DLL descriptions for all common DLLs help you quickly identify any DLL.
- Printable and exportable DLL reports include information about all DLLs used by a process.
Logging Features allow you to:
- Log CPU and memory usage for up 24 hours.
- Log information about executed programs, DLLs, and windows for any period of time.
- Save detailed process information to text files, which can easily be imported into custom applications and databases.
Window Management includes:
- Feature lists windows per process with detailed information such as titles, visibility, and states.
- Window log shows when windows are created and closed.
- Feature closes any number of windows with one click.
- Feature controls window states, sizes, and visibility, allowing you to show or hide any program.
Scripting Language includes:
- Feature creates scripts that run silently in the background, monitoring and controlling all running programs.
- Scripts can access detailed process information, such as CPU and memory usage, to automatically control priorities and terminate suspicious processes.
- Scripts can search for specific executables and stop unwanted processes as soon as they are launched.
- Information, such as window titles and names, can identify processes related to specific documents and web pages.
- Scripts can start new processes and stop existing ones when certain conditions are met, allowing you to automate complex tasks and remove processes that are no longer needed.
- WinTasks can automatically be loaded as a background task when the computer is rebooted, allowing your scripts and logging tasks to run at all times.
- You can easily customize the user interface of the software, allowing you to adapt WinTasks to your needs.
- You can easily print or export information to Microsoft® Word documents and spreadsheets.
Related System Utiltities: