Schedule the Defragmentation and Boost System Performance
Disk Defragmentation is a process that reduces the amount of fragmentation in file systems. by rearranging files stored on a disk to occupy contiguous storage locations. Defragmenting a disk minimizes head travel, which reduces the time it takes to read files from and write files to the disk. Disk Defragmentation can also reduces system startup times. Therefore it is a good idea to perform disk defragmentation regularly to boost your system performance. In Windows 7, you no longer need to run defragmentation tool manually, since you can set up scheduled defragmentation.
Click here to run a Free Registry Scan
To schedule a defragmentation task:
- Go to Start, type defragment in search box.
- Click Disk Defragmenter or Defragment your hard drive to open the Disk Defragmenter utility.
- Click on the Configure Schedule button.
- Choose a time when your computer is turned on and is idle.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Your disk(s) will be defragmented regularly as you scheduled.