How to Save and restore Firefox Preference profile
When you install Firefox in new system, you may want to easily migrate your current firefox settings to new one. Though Firefox does not provide exporting/importing settings functions explicitly, you can export and restore Firefox settings by copying Firefox profile prefs.js. The file prefs.js stores all the Firefox settings, so all you need to do is to find and store the pref.js file.
Click here to run a Free Registry Scan
To find Firefox profile follow these steps:
- Click Start, then click Run, type "%appdata%" to open Application Data folder in Windows Explorer.
- Open the Mozilla folder, and then Firefox.
- Open the file profiles.ini using notepad.
- In the Profile0 section, find the key named Path, the value of Path indicates where the prefs.js resides in.
- Open the folder indicated in step 4, and you will find the prefs.js there.
- Copy it and store it somewhere.
- After you have installed Firefox in new system, copy and replace your new Firefox profile with the saved one.
If you think it takes too many steps for you to do so, you can also use our free tool to Export/Import Firefox profile. Use the following link to download the free utility:
Download FireFox Profile Backup Utility