| For some reasons you may want to create a new partition on your hard disk. For example you want to install another operating system on your computer. There are many third part tools that can help you to do this. However, in Windows 7, this can be done easily without needing to download any software.
Click here to run a Free Registry Scan
To create a new partition on your hard drive, please follow this steps:
- Click Start button, right click on Computer, and click Manage to launch Computer Management dialog.
- In the left pane, click Storage > Disk Management. You will see all the disks and partitions on your system.
- Select the disk on which you want to create a new partition. Right click on the last partition on the disk and select Shrink Volume.
- Enter the amount of space to shrink (which is also the amount of space allocated for new partition ), and click Shrink button.
- A empty unallocated partition will display. Right click on the empty unallocated partition or volume and click on New Simple Volume. Click Next button.
- Type in the amount (or all of the maximum disk space shown for the unallocated partition) of space you want to allocate for the new partition, then click on the Next button.
- Follow the on screen prompts to proceed with the creation of new partition.