How to Shut down My Computer Automatically
There are many applications that can help you to turn off your computer at scheduled time. However this articles tells how to add the auto-shutdown features to your computer without installing any third party software.
Click here to run a Free Registry Scan
Follow these few steps you can easily let your computer turnoff itself at any preset time:
- Click Start, then click Settings, then Control Panel .
- In the opened Control Panel window, double click Scheduled Tasks icon to open Schedule Tasks folder.
- Click the File menu, then select New, then Scheduled Task to create a new scheduled task.
- Rename the new scheduled task to AutoShutdown or something you would like.
- Double click on the AutoShutdown task to open the properties dialog.
- In the Run field, type in "shutdown -s -t 30" for Windows XP or "shutdown /s /t 30" for Windows Vista.
- In the Run as filed, type in your login user name, and set the proper password.
- Click on the Schedule tab, set the start time that you want your system to be automatically turned off.
- Click on the Settings tab, uncheck the following options to ensure your computer can be successfully turned off in battery mode:
Click OK to save the task.
- Don't start the task if the computer is running on batteries
- Stop the task if battery mode begins.
You can right click the task and select Run to test whether it works. Be sure to save all open documents before testing.