BargainBuddy (also known as Bargains, Acup, Ikena) is a Browser Helper Object that monitors keywords in web pages and terms entered into forms. If it find a match it will display a targeted adverstisement. The program may contact its server to download and update the adverstisements and the software itself.
Remove this spyware using Spyware Doctor.
Bargain Buddy may be installed by various adware, such as vCatch, LimeWire, FavoriteMan and Net2Phone CommCenter.
Some versions can be removed from the Add/Remove Programs option in the Control Panel. This option seems to be missing in the newer Net2Phone version. Try this:
1) Unregister the DLL file first.
In BargainBuddy/Apuc, this DLL is inside the Bargain Buddy folder in 'Program Files'. Here there will be one or more 'bin*' folders, replace * with numeric number. In each folder there is a file called apuc.dll. If, for example, it's in 'bin2', the commands to enter (from a DOS command prompt window, under Start->Programs->Accessories) would be:
regsvr32 /u "\Program Files\Bargain Buddy\bin2\apuc.dll"
In BargainBuddy/Version, enter the following commands:
regsvr32 /u "\Program Files\Net2Phone CommCenter\CC_Versn.dll".
2) Open Task Manager (ctrl-alt-delete), end the 'Bargains' process.
3) Delete the entire 'Bargain Buddy' folder.
4) Run the registry editor(Click Start > Run and type ' Regedit').
5) Locate and expand the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, find and delete the Bargain Buddy entry.
6) Find and delete the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Bargains; in the Adp variant this is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\adp instead.