Home>Tips & Articles>Remove Adware & Spyware>
Mendware is a trojan that is distributed via peer-to-peer networks or spam email.
It periodically connects to its controlling server to retrieve configuration information. This information is used by the trojan to download and install other programs at the choosing of the user(s) in control of the remote site.
How to Remove
Follow these removal instructions to manually remove Mendware from your computer:
- Restart your computer to Safe mode. (Press F8).
- Click Start > Run , type 'regedit' and press Ok to open the registry editor.
- Delete the following registry key:
- Since the trojan write a random named exe file in oyur computer, you need first to find the file. To do this ,Open the following key:
CurrentVersion. Locate the following key:
Run <random four-letter value> (For example:
Awsb ). Write down the value of this key(the value is the path name of the trojan file, for example:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\rlnr.exe). Delete the key.
- Delete the trojan exe file you recorded in step 4.
Remove this spyware using PestPatrol
Removal instructions for other programs: